Who We Are…
For more information on this exclusive Back to Frank Back trailer, click here!
What is ‘Back to Frank Black’?
Back to Frank Black is a campaign for the return of criminal profiler Frank Black from the Fox television series Millennium (1996-1999). Frank Black, as portrayed by actor Lance Henriksen, is gifted with the ability to see into the minds of the killers he seeks. Through his work, Millennium offers a thoughtful exploration of the nature and manifestations of evil in the modern world.
The series was created by Chris Carter, the mastermind also behind The X-Files (1993-2002) and the two movies it has so far spawned, The X-Files: Fight the Future (1998) and The X-Files: I Want to Believe (2008). Carter, co-executive producer Frank Spotnitz and star Lance Henriksen have all gone firmly on record to state their desire to see a return to the world of Millennium. Back to Frank Black supports this conviction and provides fans of the character and the series an opportunity to do the same.
For more information on the reasons behind this campaign, visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
What makes Frank Black and Millennium worthy of returning?
The world of Frank Black isn’t simply a detective/criminal profiler – a television concept that has been explored on several occasions since Millennium. With Frank Black there is a deeper exploration of both the social and philosophical facets to Evil – more so than you see in your usual crime dramas. Frank Black represents the struggle we as individuals suffer against the fear and horror that exists out ‘there’ – beyond the cosy confines of our living room. It is both the violence just outside your door, and the evil that transcends the human psyche. Frank Black is an honest, bitter-sweet culmination of The X-Files‘ Chris Carter’s creative mind and the bold conviction of actor Lance Henriksen.
Furthermore, there seems to a strong symmetry to return to Frank Black now, post millennium. The original television series focused upon the evil in the world in the context of fear regarding the oncoming millennium. Frank Black’s return would have to be in part a reflection of the world in which we live on the other side of that event.
How Does Back to Frank Black aim to support Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz and Lance Henriksen?
- By coordinating letter campaigns and associated communication to those who hold the legal rights for Frank Black and Millennium at Fox Entertainment
- By continuing to engage fans in topics about and relating to Frank Black, Millennium and the series’ cast and crew, including interviews, competitions and features. Our News page is updated regularly and you can subscribe to receive updates.
- By associating with and offering support to others who are actively involved in topics relating to Millennium or other Ten Thirteen productions, such as The X-Files, and thereby consolidating the fan community network to present a united interest.
How do we get involved in the campaign?
- By writing to the address below to convey your desire to see the world of Frank Black and Millennium return, thus offering your support for Lance Henriksen, Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz and the campaign! The following gentleman is the Senior Vice President for Drama Development at 20th Century Fox Television – the studio that holds the rights to Millennium. Be it a film, TV event, mini series, Direct to DVD, the buck stops with this studio!
Michael Thorn – Senior Vice President for Drama Development for Twentieth Century Fox Television.
Gary Newman – Co-Chairman at Twentieth Century Fox Television.
Dana Walden - Co-Chairman at Twentieth Century Fox Television.
The above names can be reached at the following address:
20th Century Fox Television
Twentieth Century Fox Television
10201 West Pico Blvd
Building 103, Room 5286
Los Angeles, CA 90035
I am interested in promoting Back To Frank Black – do you have any press details?
The following are links to press releases on Back to Frank Black projects:
- Back to Frank Black campaign press release for the 2011 “Make or Break” podcast
- “Back to Frank Black” – the upcoming book on Millennium and the campaign to bring Frank Back
To whom do I speak for more information?